X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Learning AVI
    • Oct 2002

Audio Codecs.....

Hello, Im having problems with my audio codec-

Mpeg Layer-3 Codec v1.263 by Fraunhofer.

I have installed it, and it shows up as active and correct in my device manager/audio codec tab, but my problem is that It does not show up in the "audio codec" lists in either of my encoding programs. Im trying to use it in DVDx 2.0 and Flask MPEG, but when I go to select the Layer-3 Codec, It doesnt show in the lists... only the others that were already on my comp like PCM and what not... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • MadMatty
    • May 2002

What Operatin system are you using, because in XP you can enable/disabel the use of some codecs (not a likley problem but still a posability) and if memory serves in win 98 some codecs were playback only (decode) and not for encoding (at least I think that was one of the problems I encountered in the early days).

Comment

• Learning AVI
      • Oct 2002

Im using Win XP..... But there are several codecs and dlls that Im not quite sure what they do, and done know if I should disable them.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

It is a common problem with Flask. I have always recommended this alternative method for getting sound into rips:
        1. Extract audio to .wav using Graphedit/Vob2audio
        2. If you wish, you can amplify the volume of the .wav using a sound editor, such as Cooledit
        3. Convert the .wav to .mp3 using an mp3 encoder such as LAME
        4. Mux the .mp3 with the .avi you have created with Flask (or anything else) using nandub

Comment

• Qyd
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Oct 2002

As far as I know, Frauenhofer Mp3 codec comes only as a decoder (unless you BUY the encoding part), so you have to install some hack of it, (Radium mp3 codec for example) to have encoding enabled.

Comment

Working...