X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoBLL7
    • Oct 2002

44,1khz vs 48khz sampling for DVDs

Hello all,

Is there a way to sample the final mpg2 file at 44,1 khz instead of 48khz previous to burn my DVD?

My source is an AVI file capture from a VHS. The sound in the AVI is ok, but when encoded to mpeg2, the sound gets canny and with some high frequency «can» noise at certain levels and frequencies. (encoded at 48khz for DVD).

I tried several steps like transcoding from a wav file filtered in GoldWave, lowering -6db in the 15k frequency range; or encoding with TOOLame; or just with TMPGenc, to no solutions, the noise is still there.

When i encode the mpeg2 file at 44,1khz (like for a SVCD) the high frequency noises are gone. So i suspect its the 48khz sampling the culprit.

Any way i can fix this, all suggestions welcome.

BoB
  • BoBLL7
    • Oct 2002

Well, after further tests, i've finally found the problem...
    So for the benefit of all, my mistake was the capture part, as i didnt change some settings in VirtualDub.

I did the inital capture with VirtualDUB with the audio capture set at 48khz, and that did the trick. I was doing it at 44,1 previously.

So i guess that when i was encoding, the missing 4khz in the original file was filled with some noise when re-encode to 48khz.

Now all my settings are good!

Comment

Working...