• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

Second Pass Encoding

After completing a first pass DivX 3 in GKnot,can I change the codec to another one (Xvid codec)and do the second pass or would this f**k up the .avi?

Is there a "harder" way of preparing the vob's,demux audio etc.
    without using GKnot,Flask.....maybe just loading it into VDub\Nandub and experiment with different filters and so on,or do I have to make a first pass through GKnot?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: Second Pass Encoding

Originally posted by gs0666
    After completing a first pass DivX 3 in GKnot,can I change the codec to another one (Xvid codec)and do the second pass or would this f**k up the .avi?
    No you can't do that, the format of the stat files created by the first pass, is completly different for each codec and is not interchangeable.

Originally posted by gs0666

Is there a "harder" way of preparing the vob's,demux audio etc.
    without using GKnot,Flask.....maybe just loading it into VDub\Nandub and experiment with different filters and so on,or do I have to make a first pass through GKnot?
    I'am not quite sure I understand your question. You can't load the vob files directly into virtaldub/nandub. But you don't have to let GKnot do the firstpass. Just use GKnot to make the avs file and work with that in virtualdub/nandub. As explained in Doom9's xvid guide

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• gs0666
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Nov 2001

What I really needed was the .avs file and now I know how.

Cheers

Comment

Working...