Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nell
    • Oct 2002

Skipping etc

hi, im a n00b to the world of divx and dvd ripping and i ripped, encoded my first film today.. hannibal as a tester. i used this tutoial and was succesful. My only probelm is that when i played it back, it was a bit jumpy. ive DL'd lots of divx films in the past and so i know its not my computer lagging or anything. could anyone help me (based upon the tutorial i mentioned above) on how i might overcome this problem. presumeably ive got to high a quality of the picture and its knacked up. i did a 640 x 480 res running at the recomended 25 fps. thanks in advance!

Nell
  • sneglen
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Oct 2002

You say you choose the recommended Framerate of 25, but if it was the American DVD (the NTSC version) it is running at 23,97 or 29,97 and if you try to convert either one of these into 25 fps then you will get a choppy playback, because the way it does this with for example 29,97 it cuts some of the pictures out and with 23,97 it shows two of the same picture right after each other every second so that will also give a choppy playback

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• Nell
      • Oct 2002

no its a uk dvd

Comment

• sneglen
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Oct 2002

Well not sure whats wrong then, but I would suggest you try to encode it again with somthing else like DVD2Avi and VirtualDub.

only part of it of course, to see if that solves your problem

guide: http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/DVD2AVI.htm

If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• Nell
          • Oct 2002

thanks very much for your reply, i am most greatful that you have takent he time to help a n00b! ill give it anotehr shot and let you know how i got on. many thanks, Nell

Comment

Working...