which codec to use with The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie_(2002).DCN.ShareReactor.avi

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SGi128
    • Nov 2002

which codec to use with The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie_(2002).DCN.ShareReactor.avi

hi all!

i've just completed "The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie_(2002).DCN.ShareReactor .avi" but it seems to need a special and/or different codec. the colors are not as the they should be.
    however gspot 2.0 tells me that the avi is encoded with xvid and that the codec is installed on my system.
    please help. thanx!

nfo from gspot 2.0:
    source: MEDIASUBTYPE_Avi
    video media: 4cc: XVID
    video codec: ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder

btw this is the edonkey-link to the file:
    <a href="ed2k://|file|The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie_(2002).DCN.ShareRe actor.avi|734884932|9d2286ef75bfaff05f1878061a5034 46|/">The_Powerpuff_Girls_Movie_(2002).DCN.ShareReacto r.avi</a>
    Last edited by SGi128; 10 Nov 2002, 05:42 AM.
  • larmstrong
    • Nov 2002

having the same problem, says i need icm.xvid, which i believe is mpeg4 and that divx 5.x has it, what is the deal with this, using w2k, never ran into this before.

Comment

• larmstrong
      • Nov 2002

hey sgi, i got it to run the movie without sound tho, maybe yours will work, goto this link and try installing this xvid codec it worked for me
      dawnload.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, dawnload.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• SGi128
        • Nov 2002

my solution

hi larmstrong!

thanx for your help. in my case it wasn't the codec that was wrong. it's just the 4cc that was wrong.

use AviC (FourCC Changer) and switch 4cc from xvid to divx, then everything is fine. thanx for your attention.

for more info see following threads:

Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...

Comment

Working...