Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjon53
    • Nov 2002

Saving a Quicktime Streaming Video

Does anyone know how I would go about saving a Quicktime Streaming Video that has downloaded into Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\ as a tmp file. You can't save or move the file while the browser is open and when you close the browser, the file disappears. I'd appreciate any ideas...Thank you!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"You can't save or move the file while the browser is open"

Have you tried copying it?

Comment

• tjon53
      • Nov 2002

Thanks for the reply...
      I guess I should have added that as well. Copying or moving the file is met with a error box stating that the file is being used by another program. The browser must be the application that is "using" the file. Saving the page only saves the page.html file. I have tried using Netscape 6.0 and Netscape 4.7. In 4.7 it won't even open the stream. Thank you!
      Last edited by tjon53; 13 Nov 2002, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• BubbaWilly
        • Nov 2003

I realize this thread is quite old, however I have found a simple (albeit extremely crude) method of saving this cached file. If QuickTime is not properly shut down, it does not have the ability to clean up its temporary files. This may be achieved through causing QuickTime to crash through loading some corrupted files through the main application while the plugin is loaded, however this method does not always achieve the desired effect since the file handlers of the latest versions keeps getting better.

The only sure-fire method that I have found is to simply manually restart you computer. After that, the file is unlocked and can be loaded, copied, modified, etc. until your heart is content. It might not be a pretty solution, but it works.

Comment

Working...