Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChronicX
    • Nov 2002

A Few NEWBY DivX,VCD,AVI Questions!

Hey guys I just have a few questions for ya... I will recently downloaded some AVI movie files.. I wanted to know if I convert an AVI file to a DivX file will it remain an AVI just with DivX added? Will adding DivX make the movie quality Better? How Do I know if an AVI file has/doesn't already have DivX?

Also, what If I download a movie with an file type of *divx.avi or something like that can I still make a VCD out of it? I read that you can not play DivX in a standalone player.

Also, WHAT is the BEST way to make an AVI file in to a VCD. There is like a ton of articles how to do it.. I have used TMPengc before.. Is there other ways. I noticed one guy used like 5 programs to convert an AVI to VCD.. Which article makes the best highest quality VCDs out of an AVI.. Thanks a bunch guys
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

"I will recently downloaded some AVI movie files.. I wanted to know if I convert an AVI file to a DivX file will it remain an AVI just with DivX added?"

Chances are if you d/l a .avi file from the net,it's already been encoded.An uncompressed avi is VERY large(ex 1mb .bmp/frame*25 frames = 25 mb sec)

"Also, what If I download a movie with an file type of *divx.avi or something like that can I still make a VCD out of it?"

Yes.The divx extension is used with the DivX player.Just rename to *.avi

"I read that you can not play DivX in a standalone player."

There is a couple of standalones available,but I think they only support DivX 3.11.Probably some good standalones will appear in the near future

"Also, WHAT is the BEST way to make an AVI file in to a VCD. There is like a ton of articles how to do it.. I have used TMPengc before.. Is there other ways. I noticed one guy used like 5 programs to convert an AVI to VCD.. Which article makes the best highest quality VCDs out of an AVI.. "

TMPGEnc works great

Try : http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar...pgenc_vcd.html

Comment

Working...