Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irv
    • Nov 2002

for the love of god! arghhhh!!!

Hi guys I need some help, please...........

I have recently bought myself a Creative Labs 3d Blaster Personal Cinema kit (UK), installed without any problems..........lets start my little story at the beginning.........All i wanted to do was convert some old VHS onto DVD without taking days to do each disc, I had a PCTVrave tv card that was not up to the job, so got myslef this new kit which captures in real time MPEG2 (or so it says!) now my idea was simple, install new kit, record in DVD mode, author said MPEG2 file in SpruceUp or Ulead DVD movie Factory, make myself some nice VIDEO_TS files, then burn with my AO4 DVD writer & Nero, the constant problem I'm having is I can capture in 'real-time' (all the correct setting, as far as i can tell) but when I try to import to either Ulead or SpruceUP they wont have it! SpruceUP stalls on the import at 0% and does nothing, Ulead DVD factory says the MPEG2 is not compliant, I've checked, double checked the settings (WinVDR) and they say I'm capturing a DVD compliant MPEG1 file, I've also tried Power VCR, same problem, the captures are great (good enough for my old tapes) but I just can't author them.....

Pehaps I've got the idea wrong? or should I be able to take the resulting DVD compliant MPEG's from WinVDR & PowerVCR and author these without having to convert them fisrt, that's the idea of real-time capture of these product, surely?

Thanks in advance for any, any help you can offer.

Slante
    Irv.

PC basic specs:
    Athlon 1800xp running Windows XP
    512mb memory
    Geforce 2MX400 (with creative/nvidia personal cinema)
    AO4 DVD
    Last edited by Irv; 17 Nov 2002, 07:29 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"they say I'm capturing a DVD compliant MPEG1 file"

Is this just a typo, or have you been unwittingly capturing in MPEG-1 format?

If it's merely a typo, try using TMPGEnc to demultiplex your MPEG2 into its separate video and audio streams - which should be accepted for input by any authoring program.

If it's not a typo, change your capture setting to MPEG-2.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Irv
      • Nov 2002

Originally posted by setarip

Is this just a typo, or have you been unwittingly capturing in MPEG-1 format?

If it's merely a typo, try using TMPGEnc to demultiplex your MPEG2 into its separate video and audio streams - which should be accepted for input by any authoring program.
      Hi setarip & thank you for your reply

I'm sorry it was a typo, I am capturing in MPEG2, however thanks to you I have discovered the problem, the authoring programs require compliant DVD files, when I checked with TMPGEnc as you advised I discovered both programs (winvdr & powervcr) are capturing the audio @ mpeg1 layerII 44100khz, of course this shoud be 48000khz for the aurthoring programs to work correctly, my main problem with using TMPGEnc to convert the audio will be that I'm wanting record hundreds of small video clips to DVD.

Now for some reson I can not seem to change the audio to 48000khz that is captured with both capture progs, I have tried Cyberlinks demo of PowerDirector which defaults at 44100, I managed to change the regestry setting to 48000, this works when importing the captured files from that program only to my authoring apps, however I do not seem to be able to change the setting in both bought full programs, any ideas on how to change the settings on windvr or powervcr?, their support is not the greatest I'm sad to say

thanks again

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"any ideas on how to change the settings on windvr or powervcr?"

Unfortunately, no. I'm not familiar with either of those programs and can only assume they use a lower frequency to enhance the ability to capture without dropping video frames - but, after the fact, either TMPGEnc or any audio editor (such as GoldWave or CoolEdit) should be able to convert the de-multiplexed (by TMPGEnc) audiostream to 48,000Hz (NOT 48,000Khz ;>})...

Comment

• Irv
          • Nov 2002

hahahaha I'm not having a good day, typo's & Khz!!

You've been great, thanks again, I have found a solution - dumped both WinVDR & PowerVCR!! and using Uleads DVD Movie Factory to capture, fully adjustable for the audio!, no frames dropped, easy as 1-3-2

all the best
          Irv.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma!

My pleasure ;>}

And just remember, there is a doG...

Comment

Working...