X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteamBird505
    • Aug 2002

X-Vid enthusiasts (both of you)

A plea from a moron.....
    Having gained much help on this forum I went from complete brain dead moron.. to semi brain dead moron who could convert a .avi movie file to VCD toplay on my DVD player.

THEN up pops X-Vid which is DivX backward....reports say its not as good as DivX.... but you get to play with the code.

Well my understanding is that you coder worshippers do your stuff to share it with us morons.

Very simple request....reading gthe posts there are those of us with problems....suggestions from helpful people advise which programmes may sort it out. I have cluttered my computer with more downloaded codecs and programmes that still dont solve the decomression problems. I have printed all the suggestions and tried them...no good...
    Will somebady tell me how to convert "Windtalkers xvid-deity ShareReactor" to a file I can run through Nero 5.5.9.17 to create a VCD to play on my DVD player like all the other NONE XVID files do. If so I will be eternally grateful.
    Alternately..will those of you who seemingly have no trouble convert the soddin X-Vid movies files and leave in your share folders!

SB
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Vcdhelp.com may have some important information on xvid to vcd conversions. Post the "File information" [virtualdub] of the problematic media file.

Comment

• SteamBird505
      • Aug 2002

BatMan

I have posted said information in a post in the newbie section.
      a screen grab from the virtualdub file information.
      Again setarip on this forum and info on others, with respect to those that offer their help, does not work for me. Hence my post here.
      I have tried v-dub ac3, headac3e, sonic foundry and other combinations....none leave me with a file that will either go through TMPGEnc or Nero. All point to an audio decompression problem.

Who are "deity" ands or ShareReactor. while they may do great work getting files of DVD and onto computers...do they not realise that we lessor mortals may want ot sit in compfort and watch on a standalone DVD player.....
      Its getting to the point where I may as well dump all this stuff and head to Blockbuster..(DVD rental)

Why is it so difficult if X-Vid is basically a public domain version of Div X. to decompress the audio etc,.?

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Your problem, is ac3 audio---that has nothing to do with the video codec. The virtualdub ac3 mod should have no problem in converting the ac3 audio. Search the forum for other potential methods on ac3 to mp3/wav conversions. TMPGEnc will not accept ac3 audio.

Comment

• gangsterusa
          • Mar 2002

What you will need:

VirtualDub: http://www.virtualdub.org
          HeadAC3he: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/do...headac3he.html

Step 1:

Open the DivX AVI in VirtualDub
          Under Audio make sure it's set to "Direct Stream Copy"

Go to File-Save WAV... (select a location then hit Save)

[what we're doing here is demultiplexing the AVI - we are seperating the audio stream from the video stream - by using 'direct stream copy' we do no ask VirtualDub to process the audio but just save it unchanged as AC3 to the hard drive]

I will name my file audio.ac3 --- VirtualDub will save the file as audio.ac3.wav -- find the file once it's done exporting and rename it back to audio.ac3

Step 2:

Close VirtualDub
          Open HeadAC3he, hit the Source File button and find the exported audio.ac3 file (the one we just saved from VirtualDub)

Hit the Destination File button and make sure it's going to save it in the directory you want - a 70 meg AC3 will become a 600 meg WAV file so make sure you have space!

The default settings for HeadAC3he are fine - 2-Pass Mode / hybrid selected .... you can also resample to 44.1 kHz to make it easier on your VCD encoder

hit Start and wait (it should take about 3 minutes for 45 minutes of AC3)

thats it!

Now you have your original DivX and the AC3 audio mixed down to WAV

put them into your VCD/SVCD encoder and your ready to go

**Originally posted by Stinky on vcdhelp.com**
          Thanks Stinky

Comment

Working...