newie Qs, pink pics and square aspect???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2xs
    • Nov 2002

newie Qs, pink pics and square aspect???

hi all
    new to all this but have been happily downloading .avi files, divx etc. in the 700mb range, chopping in half with virtualdub and then using nero to encoding as svcd and burn onto 2 800mb cdr

but all is not roses

the original download files are often widescreen but nero tends to burn them square, so i get very tall thin people. i play the discs back on my dvd player and big tv so would like to get back to the original aspect radio....ideas?

other problem seems to be before nero, ie in the downloaded file?, the pictures are always a little dark but slowly lighten up and go pink before flipping back to original colors....cycle is something like 10-15 seconds...any way to correct this

2XS
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Perhaps you should try converting the divx files to mpeg 2 files in CCE or TMPGenc and only burning in NERO. Vcdhelp.com contains some useful guides.

TMPGenc/CCE allow you to select the proper aspect ratio, I believe NERO does as well.

Comment

• weezul
      • Sep 2002

ythem colour errors and the dark-to-bright is probably Macrovision on the original DVD. Whoever ripped it obviously diddnt kno wot they was doing..
      -------------------------------
      were you expecting a signature?

Comment

Working...