Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PONEILL
    • Dec 2002

Analogue to Digital

I really hope someone can help me out. I want to set up a small business (sideline really) converting people's old analogue wedding videos, etc. to digital & putting them onto DVD-R with all the menus,etc. Do I need an expensive video card to do this & what sofeware do I need.

It mighted make any difference but I have shareware/freeware 4 converting AVI to DIVX,etc

Please help
    Thank You
  • char6401
    • Apr 2002

You can buy a expensive analogue firewire card. Or, as what I do, convert analogue video tape into my DV camcorder. Then do the regular procedures to convert the video into a VCD or DVD. Usually you can only output video from camcorder to your computer. There is a INPUT/OUTPUT switch in my DV camcorder. You may find it in some models.

Comment

• PONEILL
      • Dec 2002

Thanx char6401.

I don't have a DV camcorder, so I'd say I be better off buying the firewire.

Would a decent inexpensive tv card not do the same. By connecting ur video to ur tv card? I've heard u'd be hours&hours loading analogue video.

Best Regards
      John

Comment

• Kevin AMD
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2002

One thing is sure you should invest some money it does not going to work that easy with just freeware are some but inexpensive capture devices. But do a little investigation and i am sure you can find a pretty cheap ( around 200$) way to do this!
        Let's all try to help each other

Comment

• PONEILL
          • Dec 2002

thanx guys. I didn't want to enphasize the shareware/freeware. stuff. I know I have to invest in cards. $200 isn't alot to invest(or 200 euros in my case) I just wanted to know the name of the best cards/hardware to do it.

again thanks for replies.

Comment

Working...