Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • west_49
    • Dec 2002

indeo help please

hey i'm using windows xp which is suppost to come with latest version of the indeo 5 codec but lately i've noticed that no video with that codec will work and when i tried to install the indeo 5.02 codec it said that i had a more recent version and would not overide. the only codecs that i've ever really downloaded are xvid and divx but maybe one of them are screwing it up?

could somebody give me some help with this problem?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"when i tried to install the indeo 5.02 codec it said that i had a more recent version and would not overide."

Are you sure it didn't just generate a message ADVISING you that the version you were attempting to install was older than one already on the system - and then asked if you want to continue with the installation?

Comment

• west_49
      • Dec 2002

i'm fairly sure but not 100%, do you think you could give me the website to download them off so i can try it again?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"when i tried to install the indeo 5.02 codec it said that i had a more recent version and would not overide."

"do you think you could give me the website to download them off so i can try it again?"

Gee, it suddenly sounds like your posting is a con job - for nothing more than trying to obtain warez...

Comment

• west_49
          • Dec 2002

warez? there just codecs i don't think that qualifies as warez

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

If they are available for sale as COMMERCIAL products (as the newer Indeo codecs are), free downloads would be considered warez...

Comment

• west_49
              • Dec 2002

???so i'd have to pay for these codecs to get them legally? that's retarted....oh well think you could send them to me?

Comment

Working...