How can I write a WAV file using Graphedit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OscarBeast
    • Dec 2002

How can I write a WAV file using Graphedit?

Hello everyone.

I just want to say that I am new to this kind of stuff and I don't have a lot of experience.

I came across a video the other day that was encoded with some odd AC3 audio format. It seems that is did not use the standard AC3 audio codec that is included in Nimo, as it would not decode the sound properly. What seems to decode it is Moonlight Odio Dekoda.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I need to extract the audio. When opening up graphedit, I have the whole path complete until I get down to the PCM out pin. What do I need to take that PCM out and write a WAV or MP3 file.

I will post a picture and maybe someone can fill me in on what I am missing in the graph.

If it can be done, please help me complete my graph!
    Thanks everyone!
    Attached Files
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try connecting the PCM link to WAV DEST, followed by File Writer (and give a name to the output WAV file). Press the Play button (to start the conversion).

If that does not work, you can load the file into Virtualdub and check its File Information. Tell us what format the audio stream is (by posting a screenshot of it) and we can determine an appropriate method of extracting it.
    Last edited by Enchanter; 12 Dec 2002, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...