Why is my 459mb file growing to big for a CD with TMPGEnc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dqdude
    • Aug 2002

Why is my 459mb file growing to big for a CD with TMPGEnc?

I have a 459 MB file that I'm converting with TMPGEnc. When I'm done with setting the aspect ratio and start and stop settings I find that the file GROWS to over 1500MB's! What's going on?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What format are you setting it to - MPEG1, MPEG1-VideoCD, MPEG2, MPEG2-SuperVideoCD?

MPEG1 and VCD should result in files approximately twice the size of a DivX-compressed .AVI. MPEG2 and SVCD should result in files approximately 2 1/2 to 3 times the size of DivX-compressed .AVI.

Comment

• dqdude
      • Aug 2002

I am going from avi to mpeg/video cd.

I have used this same procedure a hundred times and this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

To fit the entire project on to cds....I will need 3 cd's. I am seeing an increase in size of aprroximately 3 1/2 times.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have used this same procedure a hundred times and this is the first time I've encountered this issue."

Since you obviously have knowledge of all of the basics, I can only concur that this is strange indeed.

1) Is the video black and white?

2) Is the video one of INTENSE and CONSTANT action?

3) Is the original .AVI of VERY low resolution (far lower than 352x240)?

Comment

• dqdude
          • Aug 2002

The video is in color. There is nothing special about the video...no intense action or the like.

Of note...TMPGEnc original listed the aspect ratio as PAL...I forget the numbers. I did change the aspect ratio to 1:1...it sounds like this is what caused the increase in overall size.

Comment

Working...