• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cewolf
    • Dec 2002

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Me

hi there ...

my name is ziad hammad
    i have visited your site last night .... it was really great one ....

it was really what i was looking for ...

as you expect ... i have lots of Q's .... yes yes ... i went to the faqs ... but no use...

i hope you can help me up ... it is very important to me sice i am intrested in 3d production
    i use 3d studio max ... and i am good with that program .... but not good in the coding thing

any how ....

1- can i rip a vob file into a smaller vob file ??
    i.e split one vob into 2 or 3 vobs

2- is there is a way to attach more than one vob to produce one vob

3-about the flaskmpeg ...how can i prdouse one out put file from more than one vob..
    i.e i have 2 vob i want to put them in one avi output sequence ... is it possible withe the flask!!

4- which is better ... divx MPEG4 low motion OR divx 5 pro ...

5- about DVD2avi ... we know that this software prduce video and audio each one in seperated file ....
    is there is a way to produce both in one output file ....

6- in case that DVD2avi can not produce both audio and video to gether ... how can i join the 2
    files to gether

7- about flask ... i am unable to use any thing in the profile maneger only default and svcd NTSC
    and svcd NTSC film

8- now to the most important Q .....
    DIVX ..... no mater how much i try to tweek and change the configrations ... i still have a bad out put
    not only using flask and dvd2avi ....also when rendering with 3d max ... i have results like the photo
    i am sending to you .... this is the best result .... it can get much worest ...
    the strange thing ... that i remember when i installed divx ... it worke great with max ... the render
    out put was really good .... but suddenlly .... it went all wrong ...i i think after i have changed
    some thing in the divx pro5 configration ... i uninstalled and reinstalled divx and max to ...
    but no use ....

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELLLLLLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEE ( i am in a bad shape )

i will really be thankedfull if you can help me ......

thank you a lot ....
    very a lot ...

and sorry for my very long mail and quistions ....

yours

ziad hammad
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

1- can i rip a vob file into a smaller vob file ??
    Re-rip the DVD. Using Smartripper, you can specify the maximum size of each VOB ripped (eg. smaller than the default 1GB, effectively achieving what you want.

2- is there is a way to attach more than one vob to produce one vob
    No direct method that I'm aware of, but you can do pretty much a similar thing by creating a frameserver using either vFAPI or Avisynth (after DVD2AVI). The resulting frameserver file (AVI or AVS, respectively) will act as a singular file that accesses all the VOBs in concern.

3-about the flaskmpeg ...how can i prdouse one out put file from more than one vob..
    Using the IFO files, you can command Flask to Open DVD and open the IFO file. Flask will then open all the VOBs in series.

4- which is better ... divx MPEG4 low motion OR divx 5 pro ...
    DivX 5 will suit you better, since it's easier to configure and of excellent quality nevertheless.

5- about DVD2avi ... we know that this software prduce video and audio each one in seperated file ....
    is there is a way to produce both in one output file ....
    I have always preferred DVD2AVI for its frameserving purposes, and hence never bothered myself with creating an AVI file with sound included. You'll find out as well that DVD2AVI is not the tool to use for creating AVI files due to its lack of video processing tools.

6- in case that DVD2avi can not produce both audio and video to gether ... how can i join the 2
    files to gether
    Nandub will do the job perfectly.

7- about flask ... i am unable to use any thing in the profile maneger only default and svcd NTSC
    and svcd NTSC film
    I'm not sure what you are saying here.

8- now to the most important Q .....
    DIVX ..... no mater how much i try to tweek and change the configrations ... i still have a bad out put
    not only using flask and dvd2avi ....also when rendering with 3d max ... i have results like the photo
    i am sending to you .... this is the best result .... it can get much worest ...
    the strange thing ... that i remember when i installed divx ... it worke great with max ... the render
    out put was really good .... but suddenlly .... it went all wrong ...i i think after i have changed
    some thing in the divx pro5 configration ... i uninstalled and reinstalled divx and max to ...
    but no use ....
    Give GordianKnot a try. A moderator of the forum, UncasMS, has prepared an excellent guide on using the software and it is freely available from the forum (Go to the DivX section).

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Read the doom9.org guides (although they are fairly old) and posts in the forum.

I would recommend SBC (NANDUB)
      Possibly XVID
      or DIVX 5 PRO (GKNOT)

Encoding with b-frames can yield improved compression.

Comment

• cewolf
        • Dec 2002

thank you all ....

you have been a lot of help ,

by the way ....

does the computer hardware affect the encoding quality much

what is the best things to be taken in mind about harware ...

ok
        thanks again

cewolf

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

does the computer hardware affect the encoding quality much
          It should not. The CPU and RAM speed will simply determine how soon you can finish the encoding.

what is the best things to be taken in mind about harware ...
          Make sure they are stable (and don't crash).

Comment

Working...