Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crack_Man
    • Dec 2002

What do I do if a movie is corrupted?

I have a movie which just freeze at a certain frame of a movie but I can still be able to hear all sounds.
    I have search for error on the movie with both Virtual Dub and DivFix and it says that a frame is bad.
    I have tried to rebuild index with DivFix but then I can´t even start the movie.What should I do to correct this problem?
  • mescalino
    • Jun 2002

just open it again in divxfix and click on strip index. this should make the avi ok again
    if you want to fix the freeze in the movie read the following

open it with virtualdub and save the part with the error (one keyframe before and after the error) using a direct stream copy.
    also save the parts of the movie before and after the error (also using direct stream copy)
    then download this program

see in virtualdub how many frames does the part with a error have and put in avidefreezer by "add frames" 0 - (nuber of frames) and click add frames
    "new file" should be named with full path and extention avi. also use different name from the original file.
    then click defreeze (read the tutorial included with the program if what i wrote isn't clear)
    when it's finished it's going to crash since the man who made the program obviously isn't the best programer on the planet, but the file will be created.
    after youre done you will have to encode the fixed part because in the process the part becomes uncompressed.
    after that simply join the part with the rest of the movie
    try it out and if something isn't clear ask me i've done this lots of times
    Last edited by mescalino; 20 Dec 2002, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Crack_Man
      • Dec 2002

I have tried DivFix and rebuild the corrupted movie and when I try to see the movie an error message pops up saying that it can´t find the stated module.I have Nimo Pack.I also tried to rebuild the index then strip down it using DivFix but same resultat like rebuilding the index.
      And I have tried to use aviDefreezer but when I´m done and try to open the new file ít says that it ain´t even a avi file.
      At last,I tried to use virtula Dub and save the file with "use dircect stream copy" in both video and audio but still with no resultat.
      I now got 2 good movies which I would like to burn to vcd but both is corrupted.

Comment

• stormbreath
        • Dec 2002

Tutorial

Check out this tutorial, I'm sure it will help you to fix your movie:

Comment

Working...