Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccoleman
    • Dec 2001

Toshibs SD-C2302 in HP Notebook

I have a HP Pavilion N3290 that has a Toshiba DVD SD-C2302.

Just recently, the DVD will no longer recognize and play DVD's using the pre-installed MediaMatics DVD software. I tried downloading and installing other DVD software (WinDVD and PowerDVD) and the same probem occurs. I have tried three (3) different commercially purchased DVD's - again, no difference.

The Power DVD says "no disk in drive D:" Also, PowerDVD log file attached that gives some of the "techy" details.

One other thing. Device Manager in Win98 shows the SD-C2302 listed under CD-ROM devices. I never looked before, but I would have guessed it would be listed under DVD devices.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ccoleman; 31 Dec 2001, 02:07 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"One other thing. Device Manager in Win98 shows the SD-C2302 listed under CD-ROM devices. I never looked before, but I would have guessed it would be listed under DVD devices."

The listing under the CD ROM Devices in Win 98's Control Panel is perfectly normal.

Are you able to read CDs from that drive?

Comment

• ccoleman
      • Dec 2001

Toshibs SD-C2302 in HP Notebook

Yep. It reads audio and data CD's just fine. When I insert a DVD, My Computer will show an icon that indicates it recognizes the disc as a DVD. But, as I said earlier, any DVD program will give me an error like "no disk in drive." I have a nagging feeling that it has something to do with the drivers. I think the Toshiba DVD uses native Win98 drivers, and maybe they are corrupted. I just have no idea.

Comment

Working...