Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregdius
    • Oct 2002

Seamless playback with multiple divxs

This is probably an old chestnut... but here goes...

Im converting a concert DVD to Divx... and I am converting it into multiple files because of the individual songs. However there is a small gap between each divx file because Mediaplayer takes a couple of seconds to load the next file.

Are there any players which do seamless playback or that can preload the files before starting the playlist or something. Ive tried zoomplayer and a few others but none seem to have this option.

The only other way i know is to make the whole thing 1 big file and I don't particularly want to do that.

Any help appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"The only other way i know is to make the whole thing 1 big file and I don't particularly want to do that."

That's actually the simplest and most logical solution. Why would you prefer not to do this?

Comment

• gregdius
      • Oct 2002

Mostly because i just like pressing my keyboards next button for next vid... i dont want to watch the whole thing in one go... i might want to pick a few songs you know and not wait 30mins for them

I don't understand why no one has implemented a feature like this yet, unless it is extremely difficult.

Finding the start of a song using the seek bar wouldnt do me much good either... unless i can place certain points within the file so that when i press next it will go to that point.

I don't know, im lazy i guess

I just want to be able to play my divx backup on my TV without fiddling about with the seek bar

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Open only ONE iteration of Windows Media Player (Preferably v.6.4)
        2) Drag and drop the first DivX-compressed .AVI file onto the player window
        3) Drag and drop each successive file onto the player window
        4) Hold "Alt" key down, press left arrow the number of times necessary to get to the first video selection
        5) To change to next (pre-loaded) video, hold "Alt" key down and press right arrow once

Comment

• gregdius
          • Oct 2002

The thing is I want it so when one video finishes the next video starts immediately without a gap... there is a still a gap between playing each file. Even with this method. And I would have to do alt foward which again isn't ideal.

Im using 6.4 with win98SE

Comment

Working...