X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mystic Crunk
    • Jan 2003

Green screen

Hi all,
    I was wondering what codec I need to run an .avi file that is encoded in divx. I currently have the divx codecs and anything else on the nimo codec pack but I still get a green screen.
    Thanks
    Dan Crunk
    also I am unable to install codecs while in regular windows. it says it has a problem with the file, when I try to install it in safe mode it installs.
    Last edited by Mystic Crunk; 1 Jan 2003, 10:52 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

In order to determine which codec(s) you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

If you are unable to do the above then, from within Explorer, rightclick on the file and click on "Properties". Select the "Details" tab. Although it won't provide as much information, post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box.

Comment

• Mystic Crunk
      • Jan 2003

Here it is

ok, hopefully this is a screen capture of it.
      p.s. did you know you can use virtualdub as a stereo 3d image, just press the output playback button and cross your eyes until the images are overlaping each other
      Thanks
      Dan Crunk
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mystic Crunk; 1 Jan 2003, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

If this isn't a phony file, the problem may be that there's only ione keyframe.

1) Open VirtualDub
        2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Open Video File"
        3) Put a checkmark in the box next to "Popup extended open options"
        4) Select your problem video
        5) Select "Re-derive keyframe flags"
        6) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"
        7) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• GreenScreen
          • Apr 2003

Easy fix for Xvid Green Screen w/Blocks or Playing Well w/ no audio

Many people seem to be having this same problem as I once did:

Green screen in Windows Media Player with scattered weird blocks.

Often if you fix this problem you get no audio. Here is an easy way to have both high quality Xvid video and audio (wow! what a concept)

If you have Nimo codec pack installed, uninstall it completely, as well as any other divx/xvid codecs listed in Add/Remove programs. I am not saying Nimo is crap, but it screwed up my computer. I am sure there are very good codecs included in the pack, but it seems unstable.

Download and install the 3ivx codec from http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html . I have found that their website is down sometimes, so if you get an error, just try them again a little while later.

Now you should have video.

If you still don't have audio go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ac3filter/ , click on Download and download the exe version of the latest build (should be the top one). When you install this AC3 audio decoder, your audio should work.

Some files, however use Ogg Vorbis encoding for the audio, in that case install the Ogg decoder from http://www.divx-ac3.com/ .

At least all of this fixed it on my WinXP machine.

Also, if this message helps you fix the problem, please cut and paste this fix to every message board you know of where people are having this problem. Maybe we can put an end to it once and for all.

-----
          Robby

Comment

Working...