Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolfbrother
    • Jan 2003

Video file cuts off

I downloaded this video which is about 730mb. When I try to play it on my computer it only plays the first like 42 seconds of it. When I send the file over to my roommates computer, it shows the entire 72 minutes of it. Whats wierd is on my computer, if you move the time bar (say about half way through) on whatever player you have, it will jump to the corresponding time of the movie (say 40 minutes into it), but now you only plays for about 20 more secs. Any ideas??
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

Did you try playing the movie in another movie player? Try BSPlayer or Tha Playa. Which program are you viewing it in now?

Also, you might need to install some codec(s). I suggest getting the Nimo Codec Pack. It should have all the codecs necessary to view the movie properly.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Wolfbrother
      • Jan 2003

It does the exact same thing with any player and I have all the codecs from the Nimo pack. This might not have anything to do with it at all, but would microsofts XP service pack 1 have anything to do with it because so far thats the only variable that seems to be different between the two computers i am working with.

Comment

• ShuMO
        • Dec 2002

I'm nervous to answer, but I'll offer my experience.

For no reason other than having read a post talking about the Nimo pack, I d/led and installed the full pack on my XP Pro machine. I immediately had problems with Outlook (the email program) saying that my Office XP was 'unstable' and to fix it I must reinstall Office XP. I did and the error went away, but after opening my Device Manager, and selecting 'Audio codecs' and 'Video codecs' 4 of the entries had errors when I check each one individually. Its said that the 'codec' wasn't properly loaded.
        My Windows Media Player (which had been burping and farting since I did this) immediately began to fly right as soon as I 'removed' the 4 that had offensive messages.

The install on the Nimo pack has a very nice warning (which I had promptly ignored). Hope this gives a new place to click to check for things to someone else.

Shu
        ShuMO

Comment

Working...