Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wchang
    • Jan 2003

Overburning (in Nero)... how to??

I have a couple of avi's to burn (704, 705 mb), and have tested my burner and the cd media for overburning with Nero's Cdspeed tool, everything checks out ok (Memorex/Prodisc Technology, can overburn to 718MB supposedly). But when I try to do the burn in Nero, it says the disc can't hold that much data; Nero's website says that to overburn you have to be in disc-at-once mode, but this option is greyed out for me (for a CD-ROM (ISO) data cd) -- only track-at-once is available. What am I doing wrong, how do y'all do it?

Thanks a lot for your help -- ...
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

To overburn your cd in Nero:
    Open Nero and go to File->Preferences->Expert Features-> and allow overburn mode.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• wchang
      • Jan 2003

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say, I actually did that -- set it to the precise time that Cdspeed said (81:42:40)... thanks...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"you have to be in disc-at-once mode, but this option is greyed out for me"

Change to "No multisession" instead of "Start Multisession disk" to make the disk-at-once option available...

Comment

• wchang
          • Jan 2003

Thanks, that was exactly the problem -- guess I didn't really stop to think what "multisession" means, but now that you bring it up, it makes a bit of sense.

Thanks again...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...