Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Bailey
    • Nov 2002

Editing software

There is a huge amount of almost identical editing software allowing the video maker to join clips with the usual gang of transitions, to add & subtract audio & graphics and to add text of one sort or other & animate it.
    When the big jump comes needing more sophistication it appears very nearly to end with a monopoly of highly expensive kit that does more than one needs.
    Has anyone produced a middle of the road solution?
    I have asked before & no-one seems interested.
    All I want to do is speed up my clips and do some "matting" or "keying" of two superimposed layers with colour removal.
    In a word must I go down the Adobe Premier line or is there a simpler solution?
  • fisherman
    • Feb 2002

John,

What you ask for is quite advanced, and know that Premiere can do the job, but, not sure about other packages.

Have you looked at Pure Motion "Edit Studio" version 3 ?

Quite good, but might not be as advanced as you're looking for.

fisherman

Comment

• TreeFrog
      TreeFrog
      • Dec 2005

Ive been using Vegas Video since V3 (now into V6) and Vegas is fabulous, intuitive, easy to learn, (Adobe has much to learn about user-interface) and its very very user friendly, which doesnt mean its a kids program, Vegas is a fully featured, broadcast standard video editor/compositor (I recently made a TVC with 96(!) video layers & 25 audio layers and Vegas just sailed through without a single glitch or BSOD, and Vegas makes beeeeaaaauutiful pictures.

Cheers!

Comment

• ShisHKbob
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by TreeFrog
        Ive been using Vegas Video since V3 (now into V6) and Vegas is fabulous, intuitive, easy to learn, (Adobe has much to learn about user-interface) and its very very user friendly, which doesnt mean its a kids program, Vegas is a fully featured, broadcast standard video editor/compositor (I recently made a TVC with 96(!) video layers & 25 audio layers and Vegas just sailed through without a single glitch or BSOD, and Vegas makes beeeeaaaauutiful pictures.

Cheers!
        but at $600, it should work without a hitch

Comment

• SMEG
          • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by John Bailey
          There is a huge amount of almost identical editing software allowing the video maker to join clips with the usual gang of transitions, to add & subtract audio & graphics and to add text of one sort or other & animate it.
          When the big jump comes needing more sophistication it appears very nearly to end with a monopoly of highly expensive kit that does more than one needs.
          Has anyone produced a middle of the road solution?
          I have asked before & no-one seems interested.
          All I want to do is speed up my clips and do some "matting" or "keying" of two superimposed layers with colour removal.
          In a word must I go down the Adobe Premier line or is there a simpler solution?
          Have you looked at ulead video studio 10 plus you can speed up video it also gives you chroma key technology and a few other things as well and comes in at a reasonable price well in the uk anyway its about £60 not sure what that would be in dollars

Comment

Working...