Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paultherbert
    • Jan 2003

Xvid on DivX player

Hi just found out about Xvid and am currently downloading a Xvid file. Will i be able to play it in media player or DivX player straight away or do i need a new codec. If so can anyone direct me to the codec. Thanks Paul from London.
  • TheDane2003
    • Jan 2003

Re: Xvid

Yes its possible to Playbáck these Xvid formats, you just need 3 things:

1 Zoom Media Player
    2 Xvid Codec installer
    3 Ac3 Audio Codec

But dont ask me right now where i got these things, i cant remember it any longer, but i have serious thoughts about making a instruction file how to playback a Xvid file, because that is needed.

So keep an eye on this forum, i will post it here when its finished.

TheDane2003 alias Michael Hvidberg
    TheDane2003 alias Michael Hvidberg

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

For playing XviD-compressed videos, you need an XviD decoder installed in your system (Help: Search here). As a hint, there are two versions of decoders that I'm aware of: the plain vanilla (obvious enough) decoder by Koepi, and another by Nic (has post-processing as well as brightness settings). The first one is suitable for sub-GHz systems and seems bug-free. Nic's decoder requires much heavier CPU power and has several issues to iron out (but the decoding result does look much better than the plain vanilla one).

You can use most media players to play them (WMP is good enough). You will need the AC3 codec ONLY if your AVI contains an AC3 sound stream. Otherwise, you are fine.

Comment

Working...