X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mirceac
    • Jan 2003

Divx AC3 problems when triying to proces in virtualdub

Hello,

I'm trying to make a SVCD with subtitle from a DIvx with AC3 file.
    To do that I need to open sound useing VirtualDub' frame server and TMPGEncoder.
    I have no sound in Tmpgencoder....
    I've tried virtualdub ac3 but the same efect with the exception that i don' receive the "...Audio compresion is not compatible..
    "
    The movie has sound in Windows media player.
    The movie has no sound in Virtualdub Ac3/Virtualdub
    The movie has sound in TMPGencoder when opened directly (not through VirtualDub frame server)
    The sound can be saved separately from virtual dub from "file/save wav..." and rename to ac3.
    Is there any posibility to make the audio available in virtualdub...?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

The sound can be saved separately from virtual dub from "file/save wav..." and rename to ac3.
    Now that you have successfully extracted the AC3 file (double check by playing the file in WMP), you can send the file into BeSweet for conversion to WAV. The WAV file can in turn be used as the input sound source for TMPGEnc.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab increase the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

Comment

• mirceac
        • Jan 2003

Thank you all,

As I wrote in my topic I know I can save audio in virtual dub and rename as "*.ac3".
        The question was if I can make the sound available in VirtualDub...
        But I think I'll use the ac3 file for audio in TMPG encoder or convert to wav.
        It seems that if I use ac3 directly to TMPGencoder I'll get audio noise during playback.

Thank you for the information regarding a tool for converting from ac3 to wav...

Have a nice day all

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

"Thank you for the information regarding a tool for converting from ac3 to wav... "

If you are referring to BeSweet, I'm more than glad to have recommended it to you.

Comment

Working...