Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jontte
    • Jan 2003

Geforce 4 tv-out problem

I have succesfully connected my TV with my graphics card, but when I try to view videofiles fullscreen, the picture quality is really lousy. The picture is full of vertical lines and some interferences. This problem occurs only when I try to watch videofiles with large window or fullscreen. When video window is small, picture quality is fine, but when I enlarge the window or move it to the right side of the screen, it suddenly starts getting worse. Same problem repeated when I tried to watch DVD-movie. Otherweise tv-out's picture quality is good, so this only appears with video playback. The picture quality is normal when I tried to watch videofiles fullscreen with monitor. I have tried different players and different codecs, but it didn't help. So there must be something wrong with TV-out function.

I have tried to view video with only TV connected and on clone mode, but both had the same problem.

My computer:
    -MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard
    -AMD Athlon 1900+
    -Sparkle Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128MB DDR
    -512 MB RAM

I have Windows XP Professional, NVIDIA driver version 4.1.0.9, DirectX 9 and nearly all newest updates for WinXP.

I would be really thankful, if someone could help me.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You might want to try adjusting overlay settings

and/or give tvtool a try.

Comment

• Monolitus
      • Jan 2003

If u'r using an antenna for the TV (Cables / Satellite etc) try to disconnect it.

The most important thing is to connect it using a quality S-Video cable as short as it can be.

Cheers.

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

did you build that computer? I like computers...
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

Working...