Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruB
    • Jan 2003

how to clone the computer screen to tv

just wonder how i am able to clone my view.. i want to see the same at my tv as my computer..

maybe tv tool can handle that or is there an better way..

please tell me!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Most graphic cards with TV-out options are capable of cloning the monitor display to the TV. The recent versions of the Catalyst and Detonator for the Radeon and Geforce cards respectively are capable of this.

Comment

• TruB
      • Jan 2003

tnx- i see if i can get it to work

Comment

• ShuMO
        • Dec 2002

I do a bit myself

Gotta be careful of your expectations here. TV in the us is commonly 4:3 525. The monitor is running 1:1 at xxx resolution. Using an ATI or similar card runs the output thru multiple filters/converters and the result is NOT identical. A degradation obviously occurs. I once thought that I could screen cap to Vhs.... boy was I wrong. The result was pathetic.

A previous post by one of the masters describes using short svideo cables. RCA cables dont cut it. Also, may I suggest you check as well that your VCR records SVHS and not just the old VHS format.
        ShuMO

Comment

• TruB
          • Jan 2003

i downloaded the most recent detonator for nvidia cards.. but still havnt manage to find out how to "clone my screen"..

actually at the time i dont care about the screen getting wacky..
          but i will keep looking..

u will hear from me..

cya/TruB

Comment

Working...