Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bozodclown
    • Dec 2002

Best Flask version to use

I'm currently using Flask 0.594 original (Divx 3.11alpha) with subtitle fix (slow but reliable) -Pent 4 system and had bad luck using the 0.594 PX3 (audio sync prob) and 0.60Preview (lock up) and ...

What's the concensus from you-all Flask users? 0.594? 0.60Preview? 0.61upgrade? XiS Expert Version? 0.7839beta release?

Does faster encoding speed means sacrificing audio sync then fix with Virtual Dub? or am I missing something?

thx in advance.

BDC
  • bozodclown
    • Dec 2002

p.s. are there any "happy" Flask users left?

p.s. Are there any "happy" Flask users left? or did everyone bailed and start using others like GKnot?

thnx

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"0.594 PX3 (audio sync prob)"

This continues to be my rock-solid performer. Simply understand that your initial conversion should include audio as PCM Uncompressed (.WAV) at 48,000Hz. Then use VirtualDub (setting "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode") to convert the audio to .MP3...

Comment

• bozodclown
        • Dec 2002

thnx for the vote, Setarip.

How's the encoding speed, video quality..... of Flask 0.594PX3 compare with GKnot if all other things being equal?

Is it time to jump ship to GKnot?

BDC

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

I would recommend you give GKNOT a try.

The doom9.org guides as well as Uncasms's are great tutorials for GKNOT

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Re: p.s. are there any "happy" Flask users left?

Originally posted by bozodclown
            p.s. Are there any "happy" Flask users left? or did everyone bailed and start using others like GKnot?

thnx
            Bailed isn't the right word to use in this case at all. Shall I say enlightened?

Comment

• binkybuckle
              • Jan 2003

Hi, I am a happy flask user.

I was using flask 0594 for a long time, I had many audio sync problems, probably 1 in 10 convertions had audio problems on average. Since then I have converted to flask 1.1preview with some add ons such as thundermism. Since then my encoding time has gone from 12Hrs average to 3.5Hrs average with no audio problems yet, a very happy flask user I am! There is a new beta version of flask that encodes even quicker but I had audio problems with it. As for comparing Gknot to flask- I can't comment on that subject because I have never neede to use Gknot.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

As for comparing Gknot to flask- I can't comment on that subject because I have never neede to use Gknot.
                I have yet to find someone who has used BOTH GordianKnot and Flask successfully and prefers the latter . . .

Comment

• bozodclown
                  • Dec 2002

What Flask version is 1.1preview? I'm not familiar with this version. Is it for Pentium or Athalon? Do you use it with Divx 3.11alpha or Divx 5?

Thnx

BDC

Comment

• bozodclown
                    • Dec 2002

BTW, thanks to all those users who took the time to answer my post.

You-all still make this the best help site.

BDC

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by bozodclown
                      Do you use it with Divx 3.11alpha or Divx 5?
                      Given that Flask does not allow for dual-pass encoding with 3.11, the DivX 5 is a definite recommended for use with Flask (since it allows the use of dual-pass encoding with most encoders, including Flask).

Comment

Working...