Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tangun
    • Jan 2003

streaming video capture problem (WMV)

I have successfully captured several streaming video wmv files using ASF Recorder 1.1 but have run into a problem:

using Windows Media Player 9, I can play the captured wmv file fine, but I cannot rewind or fastforward the video. Also, I cannot click on the progress bar and get the video to "jump" to a different spot/time, I can only play the video straight from start to finish. Is there something I'm missing? All other wmv files that I have not captured from streaming video seem to work fine...

Also, is there a better capturing software than ASF Recorder? It is very slow. Thx.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Since the file was formatted as STREAMING VIDEO for REALTIME VIEWING, there are no keyframes...

Comment

• Tangun
      • Jan 2003

thank you. How do I enable keyframes? Do I have to convert the file to a different format now or is there a simpler way? I noticed that if I call Windows Media Player 7.1 from an HTML page, it works. But the same trick does not work for WMP 9... Really strange.

If I must convert the file to enable keyframes, what is the best way to do so?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try WM8EUTIL...

Comment

• digital
          • Jan 2003

Also remeber that if you the authorare having problems with the various versions of MediaPlayer........then you can bet your left testicle that the end user/viewwer will also have the same problems..........i.e not having the correct version of mediaplayer.

Just something to consider thats all.............after all, you can compress it to perfection etc, but if users have to go through the hassle of downloading a newer/different version of MP then i doubt they wil bother.

Not unless it inlvolves naked woman rolling about and stuff lol

Comment

Working...