X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stinkfist21
    • Jan 2003

New (Hopefully) ASF question

Hi,

I want to record an asf. I can usually do it, my problem is the video I want to watch spawns via a javascript pop up, so I have no way to get to the source of the stream. Further more, right click has been disabled via java script, and alt has been disabled via java script, as well as the file menue, of course.

I have tried a program called Hi-Net recorder, which says it can get the full address of any media file playing, but I can't get it to work on my system. I have tried all combinations of netstat, as well as searching Google Groups, but can't get very far.

Any help? It would be appriciated.
    Last edited by stinkfist21; 24 Jan 2003, 12:01 AM.
  • ShuMO
    • Dec 2002

I heard of ...

I personally know of 2 programs that will capture streams regardless of the HTML. Basically they capture all that front ends it. Try a google search of Computer VCR and see what you can find. The one I've used most effectively expects you to feed it the URL of the calling page, then caps the complete result. Very effectively I might add.

Since this is my second post regarding this area, I suspect I should add my credentials regard this, I WAS a QA person for a streaming media firm - now defunct or at least close to it .. www.eloquent.com.
    ShuMO

Comment

• stinkfist21
      • Jan 2003

Thanks for the answer, but I don't think it will work for me. The URL of the site is an ASP GET, and on formload the url of the file is inserted as a return from ASP. The URL of the page I view is http://iwww.gamemax.co.kr/game/ViewV...AD&gamecode=sc

When I put that into streambox, it of course doesn't work.

Through digging through my cache, I found that address, and it does indeed work when I put it into a browser, provided I am logged in. My problem is the url is created dynamically on page load through ASP. Does that make sense?

Comment

Working...