Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamitazura22
    • Jan 2003

Audio/Video Out of Sync

I'm a newbie to this and hope you guys can help me out. I'm using a LeadTek WinFast TV XP 2000 card to capture video from my TV. I capture it in MPEG-2 format. When I view the video file after it captures, everything looks fine and its in sync. Then, I use Vegas Video 3.0 to edit out the commercials and render it back to MPEG-2 and the video and audio are out of sync. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Are there any other softwares that can edit MPEG-2 files as well as VV3 and NOT have the sync issues? Thanks.

FYI, I'm using a P4 1.8A Processor w/ 768 DDR RAM, 70GB HDD, GeForce3 video card, Sound Blaster sound card.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Are there any other softwares that can edit MPEG-2 files as well as VV3 and NOT have the sync issues?"

TMPGEnc...

Comment

• teamitazura22
      • Jan 2003

I tried TMPGenc and it did the same thing. I used TMPGenc v2.58.44.152 and used the Merge&Cut tool to get rid of the commercials but the audio and video is still out of sync. The audio seems to be faster than the video. I merged it as a MPEG2 Program VBR format. I even tried the MPEG2 Super VideoCD VBR format and it still did the same thing. I just seem to be stuck. The only way it seems I'll be able to do this is to capture the video as an AVI file but the quality is not as great compared to the MPEG2 format. Any other advices?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

First use TMPGEnc's MPEGTools to demultiplex your captured file. then multiplex the extracted video and audio streams. Then play (to ascertain that they're synchronized). then do your editing...

Comment

• teamitazura22
          • Jan 2003

I've also tried that. I demuxed the clip, then muxed the video and audio stream back to mpeg2. When I tried to play it again, it was out of sync. I just don't understand why its doing that. My friend is actually is having the same problem as I am. He records something off the TV and when he tries to edit out the commercials, everything goes out of sync. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Working...