VHS capture(works on some videos, other it doesn't)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakl14
    • Jan 2003

VHS capture(works on some videos, other it doesn't)

Im working on capturing my VHS tapes and putting them onto my computer.

I set everything up and captured parts of Goldeneye to test resolution, etc. I opened the captured Goldeneye file and it looked fine. Once I was happy with the results, I popped Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark in and captured it.

The only problem was that on playback, all i would see was a green screen and hear the audio. Every once in awhile a 1 second clip would come up and repeat itself in a loop for several minutes.

Now I didnt change any settings at all between these two captures, and I even put Goldeneye back in and recaptured a sample of that.(which worked fine again)

So I tested my other two Indiana Jones films..(from the same 3 VHS collection) and they also came out the same as the first Indiana Jones. I even tried capturing it with two different programs(virtualdub and the program that came with my capture card)

Does this have anything to do with the was the VHS was made or something? Because I am at a loss.

2.4Ghz P4
    512RAM
    120GB HD
    ATI ALL in wonder 8500 DV
  • HaroldW
    • Nov 2002

If these were original pre-recorded tapes than it is probably macrovision. Try making a tape recording off the TV and then play it back through the capture setup. If it capture/saves fine to the PC than it's pretty definite it's macrovision causing the problem. There are Macrovision hacks available for the ATI drivers.

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

ATI SUCK!

I made a quick guide for one of our new members here for capturing from VHS, if u want it, PM me with ur email addy and I shall send it to u !

Comment

Working...