Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CosmikMan
    • Feb 2003

Adding Black Border

Alright. I have an AVI(DivX) video with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Whenever i convert it to MPEG-2 for SVCD it is squashed horizontally to fit in the 480x480 video area. What i was wondering is if there was a way to either encode it so i can use the 16:9 aspect ratio, or if there was some sort of tool i could use to add black space above and below the video so it is actually 480x480 but appears to be 16:9. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) What software are you using to convert to MPEG2-SuperVideoCD format?

2) if you view the .AVI in VirtualDub (NOT Windows Media Player), does it have upper and lower black bars?

Comment

• CosmikMan
      • Feb 2003

Im using TMPGEnc to encode. And about VirtualDub. i havent looked at it yet.

*Edit* No it doesnt have black bars in virtual dub
      Last edited by CosmikMan; 3 Feb 2003, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Try the following in TMPGEnc:

Click the "Video" tab and change applicable settings to: 352X240 (PAL 352x288), 4:3 (NTSC or PAL as appropriate) 525 Line. Click the "Advanced" tab and change applicable settings to: "16:9 Display", "Center (Keep aspect ratio)", and 352x240 (PAL 352x288).

Let us know of your success ;>}

If that doesn't do it, I'll post the lengthier VirtualDub procedure (which may result in a slight reduction of visual quality)...

Comment

Working...