Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstxy
    • Feb 2003

capturing streaming video

how do i capture streaming video. the video streaming is from realplayer. please help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Are you referring to copyrighted material that is intentionally not made available for direct downloading? If so, this is not the forum to ask such a question...

Comment

• igotid24
      • Jan 2003

i don't really se a reason to assume that he is trying to capture copyrighted material, there are lots of streams that don't allow you to save them, that does not make it illigal to save them if you find a way.
      anyways...the only reason i am posting is because this topic has been discussed on this forum in the past, it was phrased slightly differently and many people, including some admins, made suggestions...one of which i tried and worked very well for me, but i do respect your authority and if you say it should not be discussed, i will not say the program that i use.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"but i do respect your authority and if you say it should not be discussed"

I have NO authority here. I am just another poster.

I assume nothing. I merely asked a question of a new poster - and stated my understanding about what's not permitted at these boards - for you, for me, for dstxy, for anybody...

My personal concern is that this group of forums is one of the few "clean" ones in the world of digital video. As such, it has attracted some of the most knowledgeable posters I've come across in years. For the most part, the technical acumen shared with those seeking answers is "head and shoulders" above any other forums I've visited over the years - and the primary reason this level of quality and fraternity is maintained is the simple fact that we're ALL acutely aware of the fact that openly warez-related communications are deemed absolutely unacceptable by the administrator/webmaster/owner of these forums and the cadre of carefully selected moderators.

Again, I have no authority here - only a strong desire to see these boards continue to thrive under the clearly stated rules ;>}

Comment

• ShuMO
          • Dec 2002

Eloquently put Setarip...

*ponders the 'Rip' portion of his name* -

... sorry. if you missed it that was humor.
          I'll take a delicated stepped stab at this one. Real doesn't have a methodology to capture the incoming stream directly. It used to in the very old days... but I digress.

Take for example, a Vendor sending Video instruction about product to an OEM sales person. A real player will store the content in certain cases in your Browsers cache. sometimes just Exploring your cache will allow you to recover the .rm file. Another way to force feed this is to set your buffer size to 100%. In this way you force the complete file to come to you and temp reside on your box prior to playback. Hit the pause, then check for the files existence.

Or you could ask the vendor to send you the file...
          *g* There are a few tools out which I've not seen in a while that can capture streams from varying sources. As I'm not the policia and its none of my business in truth you may hunt down a product called streambox, which I believe is now for sale, but repackaged.

Walk lightly and carry a big component cable
          ShuMO

Comment

Working...