Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarx
    • Feb 2003

problems with ac3

hey guys.. I really need your help with this one. I've got these couple of movies, xvid format.. however, they have an audio codec ac3. I didn't have that, so when I tried to play the movie in media player I would only get image, no sound. Gspot told me that I needed ac3.. ok, I downloaded it off the internet. I run it on gspot again, it tells me everything is fine now, no problem encountered... but, surprise.. windows media player won't play the movie at all. I mean, as soon as I click on it, a box appears "windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close..." What's going on? What is the problem?

Now, I'm not really good at this, but I'm learning.. this might be a simple thing, but I can't figure it out... so I would very much appreciate if somebody would enlighten me. Thanx so much...

sarx
  • sarx
    • Feb 2003

got it workin'

I got it to work... it looks like the problem was the ac3 codec, I guess I had a messed up version of it. thanx anyways

Comment

• ErL
      • Jan 2003

I have a few film with Xvid/Divx video and AC3 audio.
      For all,

- Windows media player 6.4 or BSplayer work perfectly
      - WMP 7 or the 2000/XP version are crashing.

So If you get another problem, try first to change your reader before to change your filter.

Comment

Working...