what is the best computer for video editing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShuMO
    • Dec 2002

hardware recommendation

My gut feel is that real Intel is a better option, heres why. I use Virtualdub p4 optimized. I get 3% faster encodes. I personally dont have anything against AMD or love Intel, but I do feel better about my Intel boxes. My AMD is just flaky. I know thats non-scientific but its just how I feel about it. With Motherboards, the ASUS and TYANS have been a substantial presences for a number of years now, and have some nice strappablity for upgrades and processor changes.
    As memory isn't to expensive until you break the 1033 barrier (required for 2.8Ghz and up) 512MB should be able to fit into your budget.
    ShuMO

Comment

• samifox
      • Jul 2002

Hi

I live in Israel and i was shake to see the pricing different between USA and Israel . for example i can get an

Pentium® 4 2.66GHz (Not just 2.6GHz) 533MHz FSB 512K Cache - Northwood B P4 - Socket 478

for only 256$ in USA, but here in Israel the newst CPU is

PENTIUM 4 2.5 533 , 2.53GHz, 533Mhz FSB, Socket 478 - OEM

and its price in Israel is 400$. its more then double the original price(191$).

I have a friend in USA that can make the order and sent it by mail. the motherboard i'll buy here.

just for your education.

and BTW what does iy mean "not just" (Pentium® 4 2.66GHz (Not just 2.6GHz) )

Thanks

Shay
      Last edited by samifox; 10 Feb 2003, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• chickeneater
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2002

yes, ASUS motherboards are good too, and now that i have checked pricewatch, the p4 2.26Ghz is only 175, at 533mhz FsB. what a deal. what about the geforce 3 ti200?
        also, you better get your memory now, because the market is going up, and up, just last week, the price for 512mb ddr was $52 almost half of what i paid in august...
        pricewatch also has an international shipping search(for orders out of the US. just look for a vendor that has a green ATT sign.
        FFDShow filters
        Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• samifox
          • Jul 2002

hi

and BTW what does iy mean "not just" (Pentium® 4 2.66GHz (Not just 2.6GHz) )
          Please...

Thaanks
          Shay

Comment

• ShuMO
            • Dec 2002

Not just

I'm only guessing, but I suspect it refers to some reference in an Ad to inform you the Motherboard can be 'strapped' for many different speeds thus allowing some choice in CPU choice. My Asus allows for support of a number of CPU speeds.
            ShuMO

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

you can always get a processor of a kind because there is a cap to how much the motherboard can take(speed and FSB).
              intel is better than amd also because it up to 512k cache, whereas the amd has up to 386(some number in the 380's). not nearly as much poop as intel
              FFDShow filters
              Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• samifox
                • Jul 2002

Hi

waht you guys have to say about :

Matrox RT.X10 Digital Video Editing System

?

Thannks

Comment

• samifox
                  • Jul 2002

Hi

I assume this is the last post of this subject. i know i run out of this subject but allow me to post the last and please answer.

Here is Israel the double price so i can allow only those products:

Proccessor : P4 2.4 533GHz.

Motherboard :

Elite Group

Memory :

Samsung 512MB pc 2700 333MHz.

Thanks for all your help.
                  Shay

Comment

Working...