X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Borneo
    • Feb 2003

End credits in Nandub trouble.

Hello,

When I enter the frame number fromwhere nandub must decode on a lower bitrate, I my case 300kbps, it doesn't work. The whole movie is just decoded on the normal SBC Bitrate.

So, what I'm doing wrong? I have a total of 64426 frames and the end credits starts at frame 63147 so the frame nuber is valid.

Thx in advance,
    Borneo
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried selecting (as your starting point) the KEYFRAME prior to the start of the credits?

Comment

• Borneo
      • Feb 2003

What do you mean with: 'the KEYFRAME prior to the start of the credits'. The start I take is the first black screen and about 8 frames later the credit text dissapears...

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

In my opinion, this feature of nandub does more trouble than it's worth.

The bitrate saving is minimal (not much bitrate is required for a video stream with scrolling texts) and it makes precise filesize predictions difficult (nandub does not seem to compensate for the reduced bitrate in the end credits by giving more bits to the previous scenes).

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Enchanter
          The bitrate saving is minimal (not much bitrate is required for a video stream with scrolling texts)
          I strongly disagree, in my exprience you can save about 20-25 MB on the credits of a movie with 5 min of credits, when doing a one CD rip, for a simmilar 2 CD rip you can often save 40-50 MB. This makes this special encoding of the endcredits, about as important as proper cropping of the borders.

I really hate giving up on quality improvements like this, because they don't have any negative side effects. As opposed to reduceing the resolution or using noise reduction, both of which will at some point cause a more blurred or dull picture when viewing in full screen mode.
          Last edited by khp; 13 Feb 2003, 05:54 PM.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...