X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayor
    • Feb 2003

Help capturing TV to burn DVDs

Hi,

I am new to this forum. If I have posted in the wrong place, feel free to move the thread.

I am attempting to capture movies off TV to burn to DVD. However, my system seems to be having a difficult time with the capture, dropping plenty of frames along the way.

I've got an Aver TV plus capture board which displays TV perfectly at any resolution.

The rest of my system:

Pentium 4, 1.8 Ghz
    768 MB Ram
    160 GB Hard drive
    Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti 200
    Pioneer DVR-103

When I capture the video at standard DV - 720 x 480, it just doesn't do the trick.

I have attempted to capture and then edit using the Aver TV Studio software, as well as Vegas Video and Adobe Premiere.

Is there a setting on the hard drive that would cause it to run better? I know this configuration is powerful enough, but I am missing something. Please help!

Joel
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I've got an Aver TV plus capture board which displays TV perfectly at any resolution"

Does this allow you to select the video codec being used for capture? If so, use a lossless codec such as HuffyUV...

Comment

• mayor
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      "I've got an Aver TV plus capture board which displays TV perfectly at any resolution"
      Does this allow you to select the video codec being used for capture? If so, use a lossless codec such as HuffyUV...
      No, the parameters I can choose from are:

For video:

Bit Rate
      Image Size
      Frame Rate
      Motion Vector (horizontal and vertical)
      GOP
      Sub GOP
      MPEG1 or MPEG2

For audio:

Sample Rate 32, 44.1 or 48
      Mode - stereo, joint stereo, deal channel, or mono
      Bit Rate - from 32 to 192

Any ideas here?

Joel

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm afraid I caan't offer any insight. With your system and a hardware capture setup, I can't see why you should be dropping frames - especially in MPEG1 or MPEG2.

Perhaps a more knowledgeable poster can provide some meaningful insight...

Comment

Working...