Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seraph830
    • Feb 2003

divx audio shifting (helpme)

ok i finnaly got to making divx movies that work, and all of them have worked flawless for me.

except today i ran into an exception.

i tried to rip a long movie and when i was done something was wrong with the audio.

the sound is offset. its not offset halfway through, or anything, the audio & video are in perfect streams.

the problem i think is that the original dvd movie starts out silent with credits in the begining like "produced by..." and then after that the audio starts.

In my divx rip it looks like the audio track was attatched to the very first frame, because when i play it, the audio starts imediatly where it is supposed to be silent.

this is where i need help, does anyone know of a way to shift the audio over frames? or a way to compile the dvd using "gordian knot" so the audio is correctly attatched?

thanks guys
    -seraph
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You might want to take a look at Uncasms's guide and the doom9.org guides on GordionKnot, so you can pinpoint where you went wrong and perhaps find a solution.

Virtualdub/Nandub or Virtualdubmod can allow you to offset audio I believe.

Comment

• igotid24
      • Jan 2003

the ideal solution is to do what batman said and find the source of the problem so it doesn't happen in the future, but for a quick solution go here: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/synchronizer.html
      its a really simple program that can adjust the audio track of a video many different ways, you can put a delay in, change the audio frame rate, and many more features. the only downfall is that its kinda a guess and check method, but it has worked for me many times in the past.
      its a quick and simple solution, but i still would suggest reading some guides to find out what went wrong so you won't have this error come up any more.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You just have to add a delay to the beginning of the audio...

If the program suggested by igotid24 can't do this properly, use an audio editor such as GoldWave or CoolEdit...

Comment

• spyroledragon
          • Dec 2001

with synchronizer, you can see the lengh of movie and the lengh of audio and therfore take the proper action...

Comment

Working...