X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alisol
    • Sep 2002

Sound and player synchro

Hi folks,

does any player synchronize the sound with the video by adding a delay (in case that for example the video comes 2 seconds earlier than the audio)? Or technically this is not possible in real time?

What are then the options or the best solution?

Tnx
  • STEVE1232003
    • Jan 2003

Re: Sound and player synchro

Originally posted by alisol
    Hi folks,

does any player synchronize the sound with the video by adding a delay (in case that for example the video comes 2 seconds earlier than the audio)? Or technically this is not possible in real time?
    Not that i know of.... You will need to Sync them yourself really.

Originally posted by alisol

What are then the options or the best solution?

Tnx
    Use "Virtual Dub" to uncompress the audio on the file..If that doesn't work i'm sure someone else has had this problem and knows how to sort it....

Sorry but i only have experience with making sure it doesn't go out of sync in the first place, I never end up with out of sync files.

Comment

• STEVE1232003
      • Jan 2003

Hello again,

I just been flicking through the posts and found something which may help you...

But i can't take the credit for this one as this is a quote from batman....

Virtualdub/Nandub or Virtualdubmod can allow you to offset audio I believe.
      Apparently you can shift the audio using these programs, I knew Virtual dub could do it but since i have never done it didn't want to have you messing around in the dark with it all night...Lol

I will also post a link to another help program mentioned after this

Comment

• STEVE1232003
        • Jan 2003

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

This is the address on an audio sync program, I suggest you try this first.

Steve.........

(By the way this also is second hand advice so no-one think i'm a credit theif here..........Lol)

Steve.....

Comment

• gs0666
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Nov 2001

In VDub/NanDub and VDubMod

Set Video and Audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy
          Audio-->Interleaving
          Insert a positive or negative value in the Audio skew correction field(based upon what you hear when you watch the video e.g. if audio runs 2 sec behind the video,insert -2000).
          Save avi...
          Experiment until Audio/Video sync.

Comment

Working...