X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ov3r
    • Feb 2003

[HELP] Subtitling and Converting to (S)VCD

Hello all.

I got some movies in DivX on my comp. I want to burn the files into CDs so I can watch the movies on my home DVD player. Also, I need to add subtitles to it.
    I've been trying some programs (have quite some of them installed on my comp, such as VirtualDub with some plugins, VCDeasy, DVD2SVCD, VobSub, etc), but I can't get satisfatory results!
    While seeing the movies on WMP9, all goes wonders - video and audio quality are very good, subtitles are on their right position and show up of nothing (VobSub), movie runs smoothly.
    But when I go to VirtualDub, either (or both) video gets small freezes, I get no sound in some movies, I get an VBR error when opening one of them, and subtitles NEVER match their right position. Sometimes, video quality decreases drastically (some areas of screen get violet tonalities, pixelization, etc..)
    I've been trying several how-tos, tutorials and reading through some posts of the forum in search for help.. but I'm going nuts with this ! So I'd appreciate alot any help on this. Thanks in advance for your patience and attention, either way.

Ov3r
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

Probably the best there is IMHO.
    To avoid conflicts, transcode your soundtrack to WAV first.
    If not, use avisynth to frameserve but your subtitles will be hard encoded.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...