Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidsel
    • Mar 2003

New to this stuff

I am trying to put my short film on my computer using Flask. But when I try “ Flask this DVD” I keep getting a Windows message “FlaskMPEG.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close”.

What can I do.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try using the simpler (but good quality results) MPEG Mediator instead...

Comment

• sidsel
      • Mar 2003

I am trying to get any film onto my computer using Flask, and the annoying thing is I have already done it once and it worked fine but why is it not working now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything needed and I still get this windows problem message. Its not that I could use something else its just as I find out more about the computer and the many things that make it work and go wrong I would just love to know why it happens and what to do. So I learn something new.

Help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Is your "short film" in standard DVD format, with appropriate .IFO, .BUP, and .VOB files?

Comment

• sidsel
          • Mar 2003

It had Vob files. I managed to copy it using something else. Cheers. But do you have any idea why some DvD work and others do not.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

If it ONLY has .VOBs, it is NOT a standard DVD. Therefore, in Flask, select "Open file" (and select the first of the sequential .VOBs) rather than "Open DVD"...

Comment

Working...