Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neesh
    • Mar 2002

Codec

Hello, I downloaded a movie in a DCN format which I'm not familiar with. When I try and view the movie on mp9 I get an error downloading codec message. I have audio but no video. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Open it up in GSPOT and see which codec is listed if any.

Comment

• Neesh
      • Mar 2002

hehe gspot rite good one

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Neesh
        hehe gspot rite good one
        I do not appreciate that comment. People are here to make suggestions on how to fix a problem. I made one and you go off and make a smart-##@ comment about it. You could've said that wouldn't work in my case or whatever. If I took this the wrong way please post back and we can clear this up.

SKD_Tech

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

A) In this instance, Neesh, "GSpot" is actually the name of a software information tool, not an elusive erogenous zone ;>}

B) As an alternative to SKD-Tech's suggestion, assuming that your file is some form of . AVI, in order to determine which codec(s) you need, you should do the following:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

By the way, in the future, you should post download-related questions to the brand spanking new "P2P" sub-forum here...

Comment

Working...