Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james21231
    • Jan 2002

Creating editable *.Avi files at or above Divx quality

As a background for my question, my goal is to re integrate the deleted scenes on SW Episode I disc 2 to the main movie using Premiere 6, and have the finished product in Divx 4 format. I'm using the stock version of Premiere.

I've ripped the *.Vob's containing the deleted scenes, and I have encoded them in Divx format, which is fine and dandy.

My problem is with editing the Divx encoded files with Premiere, If I open the file in Premiere, and I try to navigate the file frame by frame, the video output doesn't change, so I have no visual references.

Based on this, I figured I would just convert from *.vob to Full Frames, or no recompression (using DVD2AVI 1.82), and it just creates a 0kb file. Next step, I decided to try the same procedure using Flask 0.6, it goes thru the motions, which is more than DVD2AVI did, but the finished product is an unreadable 2Gb ish AVI (the input file is 79Mb!).

My question is basically whether I'm going about this the right way, or is there a better way to do it? Are there any plugins or codecs that would help me? For shits and grins I tried encoding in Cinepack, and all I can say is ICK!!

I know there is at least one application that has the ability to edit the *.Vob's directly, but I'd prefer to keep it free (I already own Premiere )

And yes, I know that I can just do it using my Apex player and ATI AIW 128, but that just defeats the purpose....plus it would be too easy.

I've got a 1.2Ghz Athlon, 640Megs of ram, and 40 gigs of hard drive space, so solutions involving large files really aren't an issue.

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm doomed to do everything the hard way...some would consider that a curse, but I consider it a blessing" --Me
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"As a background for my question, my goal is to re integrate the deleted scenes on SW Episode I disc 2 to the main movie using Premiere 6, and have the finished product in Divx 4 format."

That should be a simple matter of first creating two DivX videos - one of the movie and another of the deleted scenes.

Then it should be nothing more than, under VirtualDub, cutting and pasting the deleted scenes, as appropriate, into the movie file (Make certain under the VDub "Video" dropdown to change to "Direct Stream Copying").

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• james21231
      • Jan 2002

Does VDub allow me the opportunity to cut off...say the first one or two seconds of a file? Each Deleted scene from vob has a title that I'd like to take out...which would sorta break up the continuity. I apologize if I didn't make the clearer in my first post....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Does VDub allow me the opportunity to cut off...say the first one or two seconds of a file?"

Yes...

Comment

• james21231
          • Jan 2002

heh, thanks...I'll post the results when done

Comment

Working...