X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionel127
    • Mar 2003

Divx causes system reboot

Hello,
    Since a few days ago when i try to play a divx win xp shows a blue screen during a very very short time and directly reboots!!
    I think it could be a driver problem with my radeon 9700 pro because i recently updated the drivers to the latest version. I also thought to a conflict with xvid or sth like that...

If anybody has a solution or a comment to make i'd be happy to hear it!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Revert to your previous driver and see if the problem disappears...

Comment

• ShuMO
      • Dec 2002

grumbles

I too use the 9700 pro and am completely dissatisfied. I am aware many around here didnt/dont like ATI's cards especially for the capture problems, but I'd not expereinced any reall problems until recently.

Since the advent of Catylyst 3.1, (required driverset for the 9700) my ati's been a real pain. So much so, I've actually yanked it out and put my radeon back in.
      I contacted ATI and reported 3 distinct problems. One of them actually severe in that their 'diagnostic' erroneously detects no-dma on my DVD which then causes PIO mode access to the DVD during screen caps etc. This causes me headaches in the frame dropping dept.
      My feeling is that ATI pushed this out the door to quick so they could get the 'fastest/bestest' label before nvidia's new card comes out. Also, they wanted to be first on the Directx9 bandwagon as well. Its all well and good for the gamers, but a nightmare for me. Anyway, I wanted to go to older drivers but couldn't get any that worked for my 9700. so that 300 card now sits up on the shelf. (wouldn't it be neat if the prod. mgr from ATI read this forum!)
      ooh. in fairness. I got a email from them saying to 'try these things' all of which were either inconsequencial or generic ie; reboot, reload etc.
      ShuMO

Comment

Working...