Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kindanot
    • Jan 2002

Color problems

I have a Panasonic DVD player and lately, the color has been flashing from normal to darker, too dark to really see the picture. It stays dark for a few seconds and then lights back up to normal for a second before going back to dark. The regular TV doesn't have this problem; it's only when a DVD is on. Anybody have any possible solutions?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

That sounds like our old "friend" Macrovison copy protection. Do you have the DVD player hooked up through your VCR to your television?

Comment

• kindanot
      • Jan 2002

It's a TV/VCR all in one.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Then I'm fairly certain that it is Macrovision protection that you're seeing. In light of the fact that you're using a combo unit there are only two possibilities that i can think of to overcome the problem:

1) Find a website/forum that specializes in Panasonic DVD players - You'd be amazed what can be accomplished with the remote control of some units!

2) Do a search for a little black box named "VC-3". It plugs in between the DVD player and the VCR-TV combo (otherwise known as a "passthrough") and is a proven hardware solution to your problem.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...