Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qwertyman
    • Feb 2003

need help~ plz!!

sorry i know this aint meant to go in here but i really need the help,i need to know how to completely remove software, u know not just the program folders etc, so it cant conflict with other software i might want to install!! if any1 cud tell me plz!! cheers [
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. From there you will have a list of programs installed in Windows and you have the options to remove them. If they are not in there, chances are you can safely delete the program folder.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2003

Or if you would like to try it you can buy/download an uninstaller suite. They work the best sometimes for programs that you cannot delete with the system uninstaller

Comment

• digitaldick
        • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Hi qwertyman- a well written program will install an "uninstall" program along with all the other stuff. If you do NOT find the name of your program in the list of programs that are uninstallable from the Add/Remove Programs option that you see in the Control Panel (this assumes that you run on a Windows O/S, which you did not specify), then you should run the program's uninstall executive to remove it properly.

To find it, open the program's folder in Windows Explorer (again, assuming you run Windows) and look for something that looks like uninst.exe. Double click it to run it and follow the prompts. If well written, the uninstall program will tell you what you must manually delete AFTER it has completed its thing. One of these tasks is usually the removal of the Folder. And you do this LAST. This removes all remaining stuff, including the uninstall program.

Sometimes, a program's uninstall routine leaves behind a few registry keys but to remove these you must venture into the Windows Registry using Regedit. I don't recommend that you do this unless you are comfortable messing around in there.

One last tip- be sure that you have not unchecked the program in the Windows System Configuration Utility. If you have, to keep it from opening at Startup for example, I think it best if you enable it again and restart Windows, then run the uninstall program. This will clean the program's reference from System Configuration Utility.

Very few programs install these days wihout an uninstall option but some still do. Manually deleting the Folder and everything within it is then your option but before doing so it is worth trying to contact the author for help, IMHO, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

such as KaZoom NEVER DOWNLOAD IT!! IT DOESN'T HELP KAZAA AT ALL!

Comment

Working...