X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abam48
    • Mar 2003

TV-out Issues

Hi there divx-digest,

This is my first post on the forum and I got a few problems so bare with me.

I recently bought a new computer this week, below are the specifications:-

AMD 2400+XP Athlon processor
    Abit KD7 Mboard
    512 Corsair DDR memory
    Abit Geforce 4 Ti4200 *8* AGP 128MB DDR Siluro OTES Graphics Card.
    Phillips TV.
    Windows XP

My computer is operating really well however I came to sort out and connect my TV-out this week and I have some real big problems which nobody has been able to help me with so I thought that I would give this a shot.

The card has a Phillips 7104 TV chipset and my TV is 22" and about 5 yrs old.
    I have the option of selecting either PAL (UK) or NTSC (US) for the TV; it supports both. However when I select PAL I get a terrible picture which is fuzzy and doesn't really have any colour. I tried switching to NTSC and I get a perfect picture but it is black and white.
    I have tried everything to resolve this but nothing has worked. I am currently using the latest nVidia Detonator drivers.
    I am pretty sure that my TV operates at 50Hz and yet the smallest that windows will use is 60Hz, is there a way round this?
    Secondly I have d'loaded some Xvids and Divx movies; they play excellently on my computer but when I try and play them on the TV I lose the picture. How can this be resolved?

I would be really grateful if any1 can help me with therse issues as I have tried everything. I have connected using S-Video Composite

Thankyou very much,
    Kind regards.

Adam Bamford
Working...