Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cybertank
    • Mar 2003

canopus or pinnacle?

[yeah, another hapless DV newbie in need of help! thanks in advance for not flaming this thread ]

I'm in the market for a analog-to-dv converter. I am a hobbyist video editor, so I don't need super high quality capture. But I do need it at least to look good enough to dump back to video after capture/editing and have it look halfway decent. I dabble in 3d SFX w/ video, so decent quality is key. I've narrowed down the field to the Canopus ADVC-100 ($280) or the Pinnacle DV500 DVD ($400 w/o premier). I haven't found any reviews that inspire me to shell out an extra $100 for the DV500, but then again I don't want to spend almost $300 and get crappy captures! I eliminated any of the Dazzle products from my searches since it seems like although they can perform well at times, many many people have serious issues with the products and find very spotty technical support. Any advice anyone here could give would be great (including alternate products).

Thanks
  • CybaSmuggla
    • Nov 2002

Try searching capture card comparisons in GOOGLE,its a lil overwhelming,theres a lot of info,I ended up choosing the 2nd cheapest available,(prices didnt seem linear to the quality)AVER TV card,and make sure it has a philips encoder.

Comment

Working...