Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theobc
    • Mar 2003

DVD player - File Mode???

Hi - first off, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, (I've put a copy of this into the DVD forum too, but I'm so desperate I have gone into more detail here)

If you have had the same problem as me - please help out:

My PowerDVD player (v2.55) has decided to run in FILE MODE.

Whenever I put a DVD into the drive - the File mode icon appears in the 'remote control', and Power DVD pulls up a file loader/selection screen listing the disc contents whenever I put in a DVD and press play. Autorun seems to be ignored. The Disc then stops.

How do I switch off File Mode and revert it to DVD mode! It used to work until I put in a troublesome DVD (the Massive Attack music videos) and now seems to have forgotten how to play a DVD! I cant seem to find anything written about this anywhere!

Please please help me out - any suggestions welcome!!

thanks
    Theo
  • CybaSmuggla
    • Nov 2002

U cant find anything anywhere? have you clicked ur help file? if u look on the display control panel,u'll see a very tiny font,run your mouse over the face...it will say Disc/file mode,with a lil folder or disk...click for either mode.
    Help files are amazing things.

Comment

• andrewpk200
      • Mar 2003

In power dvd, just next to the play controls there is a button that allows you to select the source

you just need to tell it to use you DVD drive as the source and it will look for a dvd in the drive, then play whatever it plays
      The Power of a Goldfish Should never be underestimated

Comment

• theobc
        • Mar 2003

Cheers

Cheers for your help with this - I'm not actually at home now so will have to check out your advice later on - the weird thing is I did check my help file for this info a couple of times, but couldn't see it anywhere...

I have therefore been:

1. Looking in the wrong place

2. A bit slow

anyhow - cheers for your help!

Comment

Working...