Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logos
    • Nov 2002

Beyond CDR Media Size

I have a few divx/xvid movies file that are beyond the size of a normal CDR media. What are some of the ways to get them on a disk without comprising the quality of the movies?

Your help to attaend to my query are appreciated.
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Well usually, I just recompress the audio part only into MP3 with VBR or using DivX audio codec. Just use virtual dub to experiment this. While keep Video stream with Direct stream (It will keep video quality).
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Or cut off the end credits, if it has not been cut yet.

Comment

• igotid24
        • Jan 2003

get some high capacity discs, but make sure your burner supports them first, a lot of old ones don't.
        heres one place that sells them: http://www.allmediaoutlet.com/

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

You can purchase larger capacity media such as 800 mb or even 99 minute CD-R/RW's. However, they may not be compatible with all cd-writers.

Apart from that you can overburn 700 mb cd-r's (That is fit more than 700 mb on one cd). NERO CD SPEED allows you to conduct an overburning test. Keep in mind, that overburning may not always work and NERO claims it could damage your cd-recorder.

If your stream is *.ogm and not *.avi you could consider writing in mode2 which on a 700 mb cd affords you approx. 800 mb of writing space.

If you have a *.mpg file (mpeg-1 or mpeg-2) you should keep in mind that you can burn more than 700 mb on a 700 mb cd-r/rw.

Comment

• logos
            • Nov 2002

Hi alcskid, thanks for your reply.

I have not tried Virtualdub as I am still new to the scene.

A Step by step instruction would be ideal if you could spare the time.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...